Help me help others.



I have decided that on this blog I will also try and give something back. Now if you go to my shop page, you will find links to a Zazzel shop and an amazon store. If you purchase anything form those store all the proceeds I will then give to a group or charity that I have chosen.

At the moment I am trying to raise funds for a group of local school kids who are planning to go to Borneo and work on a special project out there. Now it is not a charity but it is good one for the people of Borneo, two for the kids as it is a once in a life time experience.

The plan is
1.       Go to Borneo and get acclimatised, and a few short treks to get use to the terrain.
2.       Then a 3 to 5 day trek in to the jungle, rainforest or mountains.
3.       Work on a project, this can be planting trees, building walkways, or digging foundations for new buildings. They will be staying with local villager in communal long houses.
4.       Finally they get some time to relax and take in the culture of Borneo.

It is a once in a life time adventure that will do the kids good, and in some way help the people or environment of Borneo

The trouble is it is not cheap, for one student to go it cost about £3450 each and they are at the moment trying to raise fund , bake sales, bag packing and all the other ways that they can think of , well I hope to help them as well. What I would like to do is raise the money to help send 10 students who cannot afford to do this out to Borneo. That is a massif £34,500.That is what I would like to do but if I just hep then that will be just as good. 

Now at the moment it is not set in stone and I do not have all the details but I will be posting them on this page as soon as I get them. Also as you will see below I will be updating this chart so you can see what is being raised and when.

Soon I will be posting all the details of the project and what I am hoping to do so if at any doubt that you might have I can supply you with the details. It all sounds a bit sketchy but this is not a con, I am going to do this and with your help I hope that this can work. All I need you to do is shop and I will sort out the rest. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A recipe for perfect Yorkshire pudding

The Era Of Ultra-Premium Sipping Vodka - Discover The Ultimate Luxury Of British Made Quintessentially Vodka

Apple duff.