Keep on the straight and narrow!
This deliciously light pasta salad is the ideal way to shed that extra holiday weight after overindulging at Christmas, without compromising on taste. Made with tagliatelle, it’s satisfying enough to ensure dieters won’t fall off the wagon, whilst providing almost all of the five-a-day in one sitting!
Chicken and Vegetable Tagliatelle Pasta Salad
Level of difficulty: medium
Preparation time: 60 minutes
2 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil
300g tagliatelle pasta
2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1 cucumber, cut into thin slices
Half a head of lettuce, shredded
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 yellow pepper
2 tomatoes cut into thin slices
1 tbsp sherry vinegar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 tsp runny honey
15g pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
1. Heat 1 tsp olive oil and fry the chicken for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
2. Slice the peppers in half and place under a medium hot grill for 10-15 minutes or until the skin is black. Cover with a clean wet tea towel and allow them to cool. Peel off the skin, remove the seeds and slice the flesh finely.
3. Cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water until ‘al dente’.
4. With the lettuce as the base of the dish, add the cucumber, chicken strips, tomato and pepper.
5. For the vinaigrette mix the honey, vinegar, salt, pepper and 2 tbsp of olive oil and then dress the salad.
For further information visit www.wecareyouenjoy.eu