Keith Floyd



For a cook book, or any book, to be more than what it is it must convey some thing to a individual that is beyond what it is intended to be. To me a cook book can be more than a cook book. When it can communicate in a way that things are in a country, reign or a city. It is a cross over from just a collection of recipes to a story of a set of events that are behind the food.

For me a person who influenced my early views on food drinks and well a lot of things was Keith Floyd. I remember seeing him for the first time on BBC2. He was like a breath of fresh air. He did not stand in a studio on a set cooking. He was in a kitchen, a farm, on a boat. I remember the thing that I got most was he seemed excited about what he was doing and that came over the screen. As he began to take of on the television his books began to come out along with the series. He went round France, Briton and Ireland.

His book developed like his television personality in to a full blow exasperation of the culture behind the food, the people that he met and the story behind the programs that were being made.

Personally for me the book that I most fond of is “Floyd’s American Pie”. It was when he was at his best in television work career and well every thing if you ask me. The book its self is split in to two sections one is a journal of his travels around Florida, Tennessee, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico and California. The other half is of the recipes of the series and a few more as well. I think that it was a grate book that followed a grate television series that was presented by a grate cook. The fact that it was to me the perfect combination of entertainment and good hearted food and fun.

I do not know if it is just me or the time that it came out but out of all his books I consider it to be the best. Keith was a journalist before he was a cook and he was as good with words as he was with a pen. So now I will go and have a glass or red wine and say thank you Mr Keith Floyd , You may be gone but you are not forgotten.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Floyd

Comments

  1. Danette May Found The Recipe Of Here Superfood Cacao Bliss

    Loved the Danette May Cacao Bliss product great tasting hard to get out of the container

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A recipe for perfect Yorkshire pudding

The Era Of Ultra-Premium Sipping Vodka - Discover The Ultimate Luxury Of British Made Quintessentially Vodka

The Lakes Distillery- Sealing Deals With Drams