My most favoured sandwich.



To choose my favourite sandwich is hard to do .To pick just one out of all the many combinations of bread filling and spreads is in fact the hardest thing to do.

Could I go for just one or pick a number of them. I do not know what to do so I have picked my top three.

My choice of bread for all three sandwiches is a good crusty white loaf. I like all the brown seeded and European beads but for me as it is some thing for me a slice of good old white bread is the best soft and white. not good for you and lacking roughage but it just has that something that brings home when you was a kid and your mum made you a sandwich when you was hungry and been playing out all morning . And that is what it is about what I find the best sandwich.

At number there it is the B.L.T.
To me to get this you need white bread toasted, and by that I mean freshly toasted and hot from the grill. To have your toast cold it is not worth having the sandwich. Then you need crisp iceberg lettuce. Once more this is not liked by a lot of chefs. More to be used in a burger, at a fast food restaurant, as it gives a grate deal of leaves in just one head, so it goes a long way. But I just like the crunch. Tomatoes have to be as ripe as you can get and not out of the fridge. A tomato should be served at room temperature or better still just of the plant if you can get it. Your bacon should be streaky bacon and a good deal of it. Cooked crispy and then on the toast you need a good mayonnaise.

Second is a rare beef and horse reddish sauce. Once more the bread must be white and then butter. Then you cut the thin slices of rare beef and layer it. And on the top slice you spread a fine layer of cream of horse reddish sauce on it. This reminds me of when I was working in the kitchen at a hotel on a Sunday and after cooking the lunches for every one I would have a beef sandwich and a good old mug of tea. The beef would still be warm and the juices would soak in to the bread.

But my most favoured sandwich of all of them is nothing so spectacular or fanciful. No long list of ingredients or any thing that you would not find in any store or shop. In fact you probably have them in your kitchen right now.

My number one sandwich that I like most of all is a cheese and tomato. To be made the way I like is on white bread with a good mature farm house cheddar cheese. Cut in to slices not grated. Then your tomatoes must be slightly over ripe once more and going a little soft. Then they are at the most sweet and juice. Cut them thin with a serrated knife. Then spread on the bread is not butter but mayonnaise. And finally as I make it I like to apply just the right amount of pressure on the top so that you can here the tomato squish in to the bread.

It will not win any award but it is the sandwich that would make for my self and there for it must be my number one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A recipe for perfect Yorkshire pudding

The Era Of Ultra-Premium Sipping Vodka - Discover The Ultimate Luxury Of British Made Quintessentially Vodka

Apple duff.