Executive Trades FTSE 100 Company For Sweet Success



A former marketing manager of a FTSE 100 company has set her sights on building her own successful business by opening one of UK’s first cake pop shops.


The newly opened Dream Pop Bakery in Monkseaton, North Tyneside, is the brainchild of Michelle Gibson, former marketing manager at Sage UK, who spotted a gap in the market for a new trend in confectionary. 


Cake pops – think lollipops made of cake – first gained popularity in America before making their way to the UK.   Michelle’s shop on St Ronan’s Road, Monkseaton is one of the first dedicated cake pop shops to open in the UK and it’s already proving to be a success just two weeks after opening its doors.


Michelle Gibson, founder of Dream Pop Bakery, said: “I remember baking with my grandma when I was young, it’s been a passion of mine ever since.


“I first tried my hand at Cake Pops for my son’s third birthday party and people loved them.  Friends and family started putting requests in and before I knew it I left work to concentrate on it full time.”


Word quickly spread of Michelle’s talents and before long she was catering for corporate events and large-scale functions.  Dream Pop Bakery’s latest commission was to create cake pops for the Great North Museum: Hancock’s fifth birthday celebrations in May.


Dr Sarah Glynn, Manager of the Great North Museum: Hancock said; “We wanted to give our little visitors a real treat inspired by our collections at our 5th birthday party; the quality of Dream Pop Bakery is evident and we needed someone who could do our collections justice. We just loved our T.rex and Egyptian mummy cake pops.”


Michelle continued: “I’ve been rushed off my feet since the shop opened and the response has been overwhelming. I’ve been fortunate enough to turn my hobby into a really successful business.”

Dream Pop Bakery, www.dreampopbakery.co.uk, or on Facebook: www.facebook.com/dreampopbakery is located at 18 St Ronan's Road, Monkseaton and opens Tuesday through Saturday. Orders can also be placed via email eat@dreampopbakery.co.uk or by calling 07900 681 173.


 For recipes follow this link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A recipe for perfect Yorkshire pudding

The Era Of Ultra-Premium Sipping Vodka - Discover The Ultimate Luxury Of British Made Quintessentially Vodka

Apple duff.