Treat Your Mum This Mother's Day With Harveys Bristol Cream
In a recent survey, over half of Mums said they would enjoy a home-baked cake with afternoon tea on Mother's Day*. So why not re-live those childhood memories of baking together and treat your Mum to a delicious 'Harveys orange and almond cake' and a bottle of Harveys Bristol Cream.
The wonderfully smooth blend of Harveys Bristol Cream makes it the perfect ingredient to bake with, adding a rich golden colour and fragrant aromas. Mix up an almond cake with a generous splash, add a drop to a classic fruit cake or use it to give a creamy fruit trifle a tasty kick.
Harveys orange and almond cake
2 large oranges (skin left on)
1 tsp butter
1 tsp plain flour
6 free range eggs
250g/9oz ground almonds
250g/9oz caster sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
A generous splash of Harveys Bristol Cream
· Wash oranges thoroughly. Bring them to the boil in a large saucepan of water and cook for two hours (make sure they don’t boil dry)
· Leave the oranges to cool then slice into quarters. Pulp oranges in a food processor
· Preheat the oven to 175°C/325°F/Gas 3. Butter and flour a 23cm/9in non-stick cake tin
· Beat the eggs and gradually stir in all the remaining ingredients, including the orange pulp and sherry
· Pour into cake tin and cook for about an hour, until the cake is golden in colour and has risen
When the cake is ready, sit down with your mum and enjoy a well-earned slice, served warm, with a delicious glass of Harveys Bristol Cream served over ice with a slice of orange - an easy combination that brings out the fresh taste of candied orange and perfectly complements the dried fruit and toasted almond flavours of this much-loved sherry.
*Source: Toluna Quick Surveys. 400 women were asked how they would prefer to spend Mother’s Day. 54% answered: sharing afternoon tea and a cake baked just for them.
For further serving suggestions and cocktail tips, ideas for on how to spend a Harveys Half Hour and a chance to win a bottle of Harveys Bristol Cream, visit the Harveys website – www.harveyshalfhour.co.uk.
Harveys Bristol Cream 75cl (RRP £9.41) is widely available across the UK.