Chilli, Popcorn And Brazil: 2013's Top UK Food Trends
Pickling, casual dining, doughnuts and food programmes were amongst the top food trends for 2012 but this year is all about popcorn, chilli and an awareness of allergies.
The top 6 food trends for 2013 have been revealed by My Secret Kitchen, a food and drink tasting company. Fads include creative cocktails, an increase in popularity of local meats, and a Brazilian influence.
Keep your eyes peeled for;
1. Chilli- different types of chilli are coming into fashion such as Guajillo, Ancho and Pasilla.
2. Popcorn- companies are experimenting with popcorn flavours. Examples include blue cheese, strawberry cheesecake and walnut.
3. Food free from allergies- the quality of 'allergy free' foods being offered has soared and they have become mainstream as opposed to a niche market.
4. Cocktails- more bizarre ingredients being used such as cardamom syrup, smoked ice cubes and vuzu bitter.
5. Local meat- an increase in the acceptance of pheasant, deer and rabbit.6. Brazil- the summer 2016 Olympics and 2014 FIFA World Cup will be held in Brazil, and as a result, the culture and its cuisine will infiltrate our plates this year.
Whatever food you choose to cook this year, Britannia Living has a vast range of the finest range cookers to provide you with the versatility that you need. As one of the leading suppliers of premium kitchen appliances, Britannia can help you prepare everything you need to make cooking and dining a perfect pleasure.
The extensive collection of range cookers suits any kitchen décor and is ideal for all lifestyles. The possibilities are endless.
Get on trend in 2013 and expand your culinary skills; visit http://www.britannialiving.co.uk/ today for unmistakable appliance quality.